Organization Overview: Templeton Academy's mission is to revolutionize access to Student agency by nurturing young people from all backgrounds into purposeful adults who use their gifts in a way that brings them joy and serves others. Templeton Academy is a family of small, independent schools with locations in Washington, D.C. and Nashville, TN with a mission to revolutionize access to Student agency. We accomplish this through a unique block schedule that provides deeper, project-based, experiential learning that transcends the walls of the classroom and uses a city as their campus. Anchored by exceptional faculty and our Core Advisory program, our fundamental goal is for Students to become purpose-centered lifelong leaders ready to thrive in college, career, and life.
Position Summary: Templeton Academy is seeking an entrepreneurial learner with a passion for innovation in education and a deep commitment to social impact to refine a strategic plan for student recruiting and admissions that puts Students first. The ideal candidate will have teaching experience and a willingness to think big and differently about what school can be. Reporting directly to the Head of School, this individual will help recruit prospective Students and families through a variety of communications activities that fuel the application and admissions process.
▪ Build out and own the student recruiting and admissions funnel—and more importantly, the
relationships—that positions the organization and its Students to thrive.
▪ Revise, implement and continually improve Templeton’s long-term Student recruiting strategy,
and in so doing, develop a template that will support Nashville’s growth.
▪ Develop and effectively communicate new messaging that teaches potential Students and their families what Templeton is doing, what makes it unique and why it matters.
▪ Build relationships and partnerships with local individuals and organizations to drive referrals
and build community engagement.
▪ Manage website and social media accounts, posting regular content to share the Templeton story and those of our Students.
▪ Coordinate efforts with an external inbound marketing firm that leads paid advertising on online and social media platforms, managing deadlines and making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
▪ Manage all other external vendors including creative, studio, media partners and printers.
▪ Find and execute thought leadership opportunities for Students, yourself and other Team members, such as authoring op-eds, speaking at local and national education events, etc.
▪ Manage the student recruiting and admissions budget, analyzing and reporting performance of
all campaigns, aligning the recruiting calendar with broader academic initiatives while delivering
optimization recommendations throughout the year.
A love of learning, entrepreneurial spirit, and unsurpassed written and oral communications. This is a position for an independent learner who can take direction, but who can also work with little direct guidance; someone who likes to experiment, evaluate and improve on everything they do; someone who has a deep respect for all young people; someone who has empathy for the challenges they face in their lives.
In addition, we seek inspired individuals with:
▪ A commitment to student-centered, experiential learning.
▪ A Bachelor’s degree with a preference for certifications (General Assembly, Udemy, Skillshare, etc.) or related experience.
▪ Relevant work experience ideally in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
▪ A passion for great copy, love of detail, data, and meticulous organization.
▪ Demonstrated ability to lead projects and develop recruiting initiatives: organizing, planning and
executing projects from conception through implementation.
▪ Personable, passionate, tenacious, unrelenting Team spirit with a can-do attitude.
▪ Knowledge of print, PR, social media, and online marketing best-practices.
▪ Experience working with HubSpot, Photoshop, and WordPress CMS is a plus.
▪ Personal examples of blogging/social media initiatives are also a plus.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Head of School Position Summary: We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial educator committed to the creation of an educational environment that combines strong academic standards, differentiated instruction and a caring and empathetic culture that is responsive to individual student needs. The Head of School will oversee all aspects of the development and material creation of the new campus and report to the President and Board of Directors. In this role, s/he will be responsible for the recruitment and timetabling of the initial class of students, the development of the physical space and the implementation and supervision of the model.
Qualifications: A love of learning, entrepreneurial spirit, and unsurpassed written and oral communications. This is a position for an independent learner who is committed to student-centered, experiential learning; someone who likes to experiment, evaluate and improve on everything they do; someone who has a deep respect for all young people; someone who has empathy for the challenges they face in their lives.
In addition, we seek inspired individuals with:
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. In order to attract highly qualified candidates, we offer a competitive benefits package, including base salary, health care benefits and professional development opportunities.
Next Steps: Please complete and submit the form above if interested. Templeton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Calling all potential stunning colleagues!
Per a blogpost (The #1 Ingredient for a Great Workplace) that our Founder and President penned long ago, we believe that schools are only as effective as the educators in them. And part of the heart of the Templeton Academy model is the ability to attract phenomenal adjunct teaching talent:
“Templeton’s block teaching approach (a focus on two academic subjects each 10 week term versus taking eight classes each day for the entire year) enables us to not only hire stunning full-time teachers, but equally stunning part-time teachers as well (eg. the stay at home parent or PhD candidate for whom teaching full-time for an entire year is untenable).”
Might this be you? If so, please know that we are seeking part-time teachers in all disciplines for the coming school year.
This is a position for an independent learner who is committed to student-centered, experiential learning; someone who likes to experiment, evaluate and improve on everything they do; someone who has a deep respect for all young people; someone who has empathy for the challenges they face in their lives.
Interested applicants should click this link in order to submit a resume, a cover letter and contact information for three references (email, phone, title).
Templeton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.